Friday, July 1, 2011

SHINee's interview on Ori Suta June 24th issue (01/07/11)



[The part on M/V skipped]

Q – Your favorite part in the Japanese version of Replay?

Key: ’本当の気持ちは伝わらなくて[*I cannot let her know my true heart]‘

Jonghyun:
Oh!

Key: (In Japanese) onaji? (sound same?)

Jonghyun: 伝わらなく~て~♪ (tsuta wara naku~te~♪) (He sings the part himself)

Minho: Overall the Japanese lyrics feel like more poetic.

Onew: As for me…. I like the chorus part “何をしても(僕の心は)もう(届かないのか)(nanioshitemo, (bokuno kokorowa) mou, (dokanainoka) [*Whatever I do, can’t I let her know my heart]“.

Jonghyun: The lyrics in this part have tender resonances.

Q – It is not only the resonances of words, but also the singing by you five members makes it so tender. A girl’s heart will beat ‘kyun kyun’.

Key: (In Japanese) Mune kyun? (Heart beating!) [*‘kyun’ is onomatopoeia for the heart beating sound]

Taemin: Barbe-que?

All: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ(laugh)

Onew: In fact we were very concerned if our singing in Japanese could make listeners feel it.

Q – I think so! This song is about a boy who is struggling not to be treated as a child but cannot let the girl know his feelings of love. Do you yearn for this kind of situation?

Onew: I like it! I yearn for it.

All: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ(laugh)

Minho: In the lyrics, the boy feels sorry because he cannot express his feelings. In a real situation, I think a man would tell the girl “I like you!”.

Key: I don’t like the boy in Replay either. If it were me, I wouldn’t hesitate but make a confession. If she says no, I’ll give up!

Q – You don’t drag on with a crush?

Key: I mean not making a speedy confession, but keeping the feeling and preparing my heart (for the confession) . Then if she says no, I’ll try to stop there. It is discourtesy to keep thinking without thinking about the other!

All except Key: Cool guy!!!! (laugh)

Onew: It depends on the situation. I don’t think I must make a confession.

Taemin: As for me, I’m the type that can’t make an approach (to the girl) I like so much. If I am rejected… I may not recover from it.

Q – Then you don’t need to appeal?

Taemin So I’ll devise a strategy for what to do while watching (laugh).

Q – An increasing number of girls are making a confession first in Japan.

All:
Oh~

Taemin: There is a trend in dating too, ah~ (nodding).

All: ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ(bursting into laughter!)

Key: Taemin is an angel. Cute (laugh).


Korean Translation by: 도덕 @ DC Shinee Gallery
English Translation by: jujugal

No comments:

Post a Comment